Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 46 - Rock N' Ice Skating

On Friday when i got into work, there was a some presents underneath the christmas tree. (robin and I have a little electric tree in our office, its about 1 foot tall.) No name on the gifts. So I wasn’t sure if they were for me or for robin, and I didn’t know who they were from. I had a hunch they were from Flip, because earlier this week, he was making fun of the Christmas tree and I told him (jokingly) that we had it so people could leave presents underneath it. So after lunch, flip came to my office and asked if I can opened the presents, I said no, I wasn’t sure if they were for me or who they were from. He laughed and alluded that the presents were for me and they were from him. So I opened the gifts and it was this awesome Holland/Amsterdam book and a beer mug with Amsterdam on it. Great gifts!!! Flip and I have plans to go golfing when we get back in January. He and Wim play together quite regularly and I get the feeling they are quite good. I will need to go to the driving range…. and find some clubs to borrow.


After work I rode my bike down to the center area for some ice skating and shopping. The weather is so mild today. Its about 10 degrees out. So pleasant....i wish every day is like this. I rode my bike all around since I wasnt really sure where the rink was and i FINALLY found it. There are tons of people out today. Lots of police too, giving bikers tickets for riding in the pedestrian only area and also for not having lights on the bikes. It’s a perfect night. The outdoor skating rink is HYSTERICAL. Its kind of like midnight rock n' bowl bowling. Lots of flashing lights and techno music. The ice has all these trees and benches so its like an ice skating obstacle course hahah. So much fun though.


No comments: